The Supreme Court
Isaiah 1:16-17 “Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; Remove the evil of your deeds from my sight. Cease to do evil, learn to do good; seek justice; reprove the ruthless, defend the orphan, plead for the widow.”
Lord, You are a Judicial God, deeply concerned with laws and our human legal system. You are the Lawgiver, the Advocate, and the Judge of the earth; the very foundation of Your throne is righteousness and justice.
- We therefore invite YOUR MANIFEST PRESENCE, O Lord, to the chambers of the U.S. Supreme Court, even now, that no demonic influence would be welcome or able to remain and that angels would stand watch over these men and women.
- We fervently cry out to You for each Justice of the Court and for our Supreme Court as a whole! Remind them of the limits of their authority under the Constitution and restrain them from overstepping that boundary. Help them to judge wisely and humbly.
- Would You pour out a spirit of wisdom and revelation to rest on each of them and that as the book of James tells us, the wisdom from above, not the wisdom from below, would prevail. Thank you that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
- May those Justices who fear You, prepare and rule in the fear of the Lord. “The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spoke to me: ‘He that rules over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.’ (2 Sam 23:3)
- May the literal fear of God fall upon those Justices who currently do not fear You. “Now therefore, O kings, show discernment; take warning, O judges of the earth. Worship the LORD with reverence and rejoice with trembling.” (Ps 2:10–11)
- May the fear of God be upon each member’s staff: their clerks, their assistants, their friends, their families and all who influence them.
- May they collectively sense the very power and presence of God hovering over them, warning them of The Lord’s righteousness and justice; warning them that they must give an account to the Supreme Judge of the WORLD for their actions.
And now, I pray for our Supreme Court Justices ________________
We pray for the Godly and righteous replacements of new Supreme Court Justices who would seek Your wisdom and righteousness, and who would prevail with strength and discernment.
Lord, lead us as a nation to wake up and to seek You as our Loving and Caring God, who created us and truly desires to direct us into righteousness and purity. In Jesus Name.
Reading Guide – The Supreme Court
- Justice Clarence Thomas
- Chief Justice John G. Roberts
- Justice Sonia Sotomayor
- Justice Stephen G. Breyer
- Justice Samuel A. Alito, Jr.
- Justice Elena Kagan
- Justice Neil M Gorsuch
- Justice Brett Kavanaugh
- Justice Amy Coney Barrett